Tuesday, March 6, 2012

"So, What Do You Do?"

The title of this post is a phrase I hear on a near-daily basis. "So, what do you do?" I've refined it to about a sentence, even if it is a lengthy sentence. I help Microsoft marketers within the US track the effectiveness of their marketing campaigns through ROMI enablement. So there it is, one sentence that describes what I do.  

So now, how does it work? One example I like to use (because I've spent hours and hours on it) is Microsoft's TechEd North America. On that page, you can see various links that drive visitors to registration pages for the event. While marketers setup these events, I input them into our internal tools to enable marketers to see which types of demand gen (FB, Twitter, E-mail) are most effective and allow marketers to see the effectiveness of one Facebook post versus another. By connecting marketers to the proper internal tools, we are able to streamline marketing spend for future years and capitalize on the effectiveness of certain campaigns.

No comments:

Post a Comment