Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Claudia's Post!

Oddly enough I seem to make impulse decisions on big items and belabor the decision making process on the less important things!  Some shopper, eh?  Basically, if a sales person does a number on me, I’ll BUY IT NOW.  If I haven’t received service, don’t have a relationship or feel the slightest mistrusting, I won’t buy or I’ll drive the company crazy deciding.

For instance, I used to drive a Cadillac SRX (their small SUV).  It was so awesome that when it was time to purchase another car, I marched into the dealership with a checkbook and was ready to pull the trigger.  I basically just needed to pick the color and I was going to be on my way with my new sporty version.  I was treated so badly, that I actually had to cuss at them and threaten to call the police if they did not return my keys to my SRX immediately.  HORRIBLE.  So, what did I do?  I left that dealership, called BMW, told them I wanted to buy a car, these are the items I’m interested in and I’d be there in 20 minutes.  When I arrived the sales associate had the car with the exact criteria parked in such a way that I was drooling before I touched the door.  The sales woman listened to me, proved it by delivering the goods with no hassle and I owned a new BMW 2 hours later.  That is it.  Period.  I am the biggest “talker” BMW has ever known.  I love my car, I love their service, and DAMN, I love to be treated well.

By contrast, I decided to take my kids to the Great Wolf Lodge for one night.  We are talking about a $300 investment.  I don’t know anything about Great Wolf Lodge so I logged on and began a conversation with the online/instant message help.  They had a deal where a person could buy a package that included a meal.  I raked this lady over the coals so badly, trying to determine if the package deal was better or just the regular deal was better, that when we finished, even I was embarrassed.  I had them looking up menu costs so I could determine if I could get out of the restaurant cheaper with out it.  I had them add and subtract this and that because the package is really for 4 but we would only be three.  I can’t even imagine what else I asked but I am still blushing over it.  Even after all that I really do not have more appreciation for Great Wolf Lodge.  In fact, I feel annoyed with them.  They did nothing to make me feel special.  I felt like they might be trying to take me to the cleaners.  I just feel no affinity for them.  I hope the sleepover is fun or they will have one crazy cheap lady telling everybody she knows about it. DAMN it bugs me when I’m not treated well.

No comments:

Post a Comment