Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Wants & Needs

My dog eats a lot, as all do, but unfortunately mine eats plastic, leather and anything that might smell like his human owners. Recently the pup ate my shin guards, leaving me with sharp, pointy plastic to put under my soccer socks. I purchased these as a  replacement. I studied various comparable products, but ultimately decided upon a pair that was lightweight, fit my budget and, most importantly, came well-reviewed by a team mate of mine. This pair of shin guards will look and feel way different from my old, armored-looking pair. I was wary to switch, but the information provided by a trusted team mate certainly swayed my decision. Regardless of what variety I purchased, however, I still needed new shin guards.

This decision was much more well thought out than the last impulse buy that I had-my lunch yesterday. I was walking around Bellevue when I smelled bread and meat and, of course, I soon found my way into Subway. This decision was motivated by a sheer sensory experience. I could have eaten many things for lunch, but these factors told me I wanted Subway.

No comments:

Post a Comment