Monday, February 27, 2012

QR Codes: Love them or Hate them?

I have a love/hate relationship with QR codes as I feel that most companies don't quite know how to properly use or place them. Where will the QR code be scanned? Are you placing a QR code on a billboard in a subway tunnel where most customers do not have cell service? Is the content featured on the QR code link "scan-worthy"? We can't continue to expect customers to scan a QR code simply because it's placed on the ad or feature, those days are longs behind us where QR were few and far between. I came across this article a last week which describes why QR codes don't work and also provides us with a great alternative.
"My initial honeymoon with QR codes was very short-lived. The initial rush that I had received from trying to frame the code on my device had lost its luster. I started to view QR codes as a barrier to additional information. And in many instances, the rewards (whatever I received as a result of scanning the code) did not measure up to the effort of the transaction itself."

You can find the entire article here.


No comments:

Post a Comment