Monday, February 6, 2012

Original Sin


Bags of all shape, size and colors are my weakness. My husband often with a confused look asks me “how many bags do a woman actually need to survive in life!”. So, I decided my New Year’s resolution this time would be “buy less (or maybe no?) bags”. For most parts of January, I was this one strong-willed person who wouldn’t even give a fleeting glance towards the bags section while in a mall or a store. But unfortunately this wasn’t meant to last long! So one day I was shopping for some scarves on my favorite online shopping site, when I came across this beautiful, high utility, chic bag (well, these are the reasons I used later on to convince myself that I really needed that bag!). And on an impulse I bought it. Needless to say, I am thoroughly enjoying the bag though with a hint of guilt for not sticking to my resolution even for a month. But then again, resolutions are meant to be broken!

The most “well researched” buy that I ever made was my Canon camera. Since my husband and I wanted to buy a really good camera for the very special occasion which was our honeymoon, we had invested a lot of time and effort towards deciding which one to buy. I guess the hardest job was to shortlist a few ones from the sea of options available in the market. There are a mindboggling number of amazing cameras out there, but how do you decide which one to buy? The fact that we both were novice about cameras during that time further added to the woes. As the exciting process that it was supposed to be started turning into a stressful, confusing “task”, we were almost at the point of giving up and settle for an easy point and shoot camera.

But then help came in the form of a friend who is this one amazing photographer with loads of knowledge about cameras and related aspects. With his help and advice and quite a significant hours of internet research, we finally shortlisted our options to two cameras, one was from Nikon and the other a Canon. Next, we made some store visits to get hands on experience with both. We also asked our Facebook friends about their experience with either of the models, if they had one. After much deliberation, we finally decided on the Canon camera and after a quick price research, we finally placed the order with Amazon (now who else could give a better deal?). We love our camera and truly it was worth all the time and effort given the amazing memories it helps to capture!

No comments:

Post a Comment