Monday, February 13, 2012

Luis Suarez

Finding information online is easier than ever thanks to widespread coverage not only on the internet, but due to social media outlets as well. Take for example Whitney Houston's unfortunate passing - I only found out because I logged onto Facebook and saw it in my feed, and recently read an article stating that Twitter users broke the news half an hour before any other media networks. It's almost mind boggling how fast news travels these days.

That being said, not too long ago, Luis Suarez was suspended for 8 matches and I was really surprised that nobody was posting about it, nor did it seem to make headlines (in the US anyway). I do understand 'soccer' isn't a typically hot topic here, but still, it seemed like pretty big news and I have a lot of friends that are Premier League fans. While I found brief articles about it after a quick Google search, it took a lot more digging to get to the bottom of the story - I sifted through UK newspapers (and comments), videos, and forums until I got the information I was looking for. It took more work than I was used to though, and because it was something that stuck with me, I think maybe I'm just getting a bit spoiled with the speed news usually reaches me.

No comments:

Post a Comment