Monday, February 20, 2012

Mary Kay Ash Charitable Foundation

For this week’s blog, I would like to take this opportunity to talk about this amazing company that I am so proud to be a part of. I have been building my business myself for 2 years and up to this day I am still in awe with all the great things that the company does for the women, the community as well as the environment with their Pink Doing Green Project to help save more trees in our planet. One of the things that is really outstanding about this company is the fact that they do have their own foundation that helps support the cancers affecting women and to help end the epidemic of domestic violence. I myself have participated to several of their events in support to advocating their cause and have volunteered my hours pampering the victims of domestic violence at a local booth house in Seattle whom for the purpose of confidentiality shall remain unnamed. Every chance I get to visit and pamper these women makes me realize how fortunate I am to be able to help these women gain their confidence back with as little effort as I show them how to look and feel good about themselves and be able to get back and be confident and help them gain their self-esteem back. It is with great pride and honor that I am able to give back to my community this way and that it is truly because of this company that supports such a powerful cause that anyone can make a difference in someone else’s life. Mary Kay is more than just selling a lipstick but rather it has given me the vehicle to enrich other women’s  lives one face at a time and that is immensely powerful.

Cause Marketing is yet one of the biggest trends that most companies around us are embracing upon. It is no doubt a great idea for a company to support a cause that coincides with their own culture and beliefs. Many consumers nowadays will more likely to gravitate and support a company that shares the same values that they have. I myself have experienced this and I have met several amazing men and women who would either get  on my team or support my business as soon as they found out that Mary Kay supports such a powerful cause fighting the cancers affecting women and to help stop the epidemic of violence against women.

No comments:

Post a Comment