Monday, February 6, 2012

SlickDeals

I am slightly obsessed with slickdeals.net. I’ve used it in the past for both impulse buys on items I had no use for as well as to thoroughly research the things I was truly interested in.

One purchase I picked up on a whim was a 24x36 Picturesque Portfolio to house most of the art I had collected over the years. The main factor that triggered me to buy was that it had the one feature I was looking for that the others didn’t: acid free, archival backing paper. I needed to have a safe place to store my art without any fear of the prints accidentally "aging" and when I saw it at a great price on SlickDeals, I knew better than to hesitate and miss out l so I got it immediately, even though it wasn’t in the budget at the time.

A purchase I researched and put a lot of thought into was for my Canon 60D this past December. I had been in the market for a DSLR since about 2009 when the 7D was released and immediately grabbed my interest. I spent the last year going back and forth between the two models, comparing specs, prices, and reviews, until deciding my needs were sufficiently met with the 60d. I then requested emails to be sent to me when a thread was posted about the camera to the SlickDeals forums, and simply waited for a great price to show up from a reputable seller. It took a few months of patience, but I finally grabbed it at a local shop just before Christmas. The main factor that led me to buy it was the great price and the same day pick-up availability and I am glad I took the time to weigh my options on such a big decision.

No comments:

Post a Comment