Monday, January 30, 2012

Absolut


Magazine ads that has always caught my attention are the ads by Absolut Vodka.  The success to their campaign is clever marketing campaign as well as the bottle design.  Each ad has their own personality and people relate to what they see.  In the example below, the image of an iphone is something everyone is very familiar with.  These images get stuck in your mind and you will remember all these ads.

The vodka was created in Sweden in 1879 and came around to the U.S. scene in 1980.  The first ad run in the U.S. for Absolut was a print ad featuring the iconic bottle with a halo above it. The headline read: Absolut Perfection.  By 1991, 3.7 cases were sold annually. 

I’m not a big vodka drinker but when I do purchase vodka, Absolut is always my choice.  Overall I like the design of the bottle and it always catches my eye.







No comments:

Post a Comment