Monday, January 16, 2012

Social Media: Why I love it so much!

I am absolutely loving the Social Media right now! Not only has it gone so far from the time when it first started, from the simple Internet, to email, to online chatting back in the day there is definitely no denying that in one way or another it has started to dominate the majority of our everyday lives whether we are aware of it or not. Fast forward to the early 2000’s is when the infamous social network available to us of which the name doesn’t even need to be mentioned because I do believe that not even a single person would not know what I’m referring to. Facebook or in this case Social Media in general has become a way of life for many of us and I bet you this is just the beginning. I won’t be surprised if one day every business in every industry around us will be centered in doing their businesses, communicating with their customers, investors, etc. (if not already) via Social Media whether it’s taking transactions, having online meetings, seminars to closing deals via online conferencing.  

My personal experience with Social Media has been phenomenal. Back in the day, when my family and I moved 3,000 miles away from home, there was a point in my life where I was feeling really homesick having to leave behind really great friends and loved ones. But it didn’t take too long before several different mediums of communication to virtually anywhere in the world became available to us and suddenly distance was not an issue anymore no matter how many thousand miles that may be. Somehow there really is more than just posting your pictures online but having the ability to stay connected with people that you care and love is what makes it special. This is why I can only be sure that one of the reasons why most businesses decided to join the so-called Social Media Revolution to either help promote their business or for whatever reason is because they saw the potential and what it can do for them.

About a year and a half ago is when I decided to start my own business in the Cosmetics Industry. I was so ecstatic having to start doing something like this for myself and I was ready to take in whatever it brings for me. One of the great things I love about my business is the ability to do business with anybody I know from anywhere in the U.S. So what better way to do that other than Social Media! I have the ability to easily send out a quick shout out, announcements, or anything I want to promote my business with the help of Facebook and Twitter. I find it really helpful, easy and fast to reach out to my customers, and vice-versa. I can’t even imagine how people did it before and that we are so fortunate to have all these available to us right at our fingertips, literally! I am doing it now as we speak while I’m curled up in my couch sipping a nice cup of tea and I love it!

No comments:

Post a Comment