Monday, January 30, 2012

I Want You to Want Me

I like this  Diet Coke Cheap Trick Advertisement because it's sexy, funny, and evocative--and it has absolutely nothing to do with Diet Coke, though a few cans of the beverage appear in the montage. I have loved Diet Coke off and on over my life, and I remember a few years back when I was watching seasons of Weeds. The main character was always drinking Diet Coke. This was very effective product placement because after several years of not drinking Diet Coke, I took it up again. This Cheap Trick Diet Coke commercial packs a lot of punch for 31 seconds. The woman in the ad (who watches her neighbor floss, shower, and get ready to go out while singing Cheap Trick's "I Want You to Want Me") says, "You can't rule out a guy who knows all the words to one of the greatest songs of all time." I must be just the right demographic, because if you appeal to me with rock and roll, you're halfway there.

No comments:

Post a Comment