Saturday, January 14, 2012

Social Media, I Love It!

My experience with social media is more personal than professional. I'm a blogger, a frequent Facebook user, and I have accounts on LinkedIn and Twitter. Since I am away from my country, I use Facebook primarily to get in touch with those who are far away. But, actually, my biggest involvement is with my blog, “Livre e Leve em Seattle” (in English it means "Free and Light in Seattle"): http://eulivreleve.blogspot.com/.

I created the blog 9 months ago, when I moved to the United States, in order to tell those who are in Brazil a little bit of my experience in this country. Among the topics discussed are tourism, advertising references, photography and eating healthy, things I really love. The blog allows me not only to maintaining contact with my friends and relatives, but also helps many Brazilians who are also here, providing information and tips about living abroad.

In addition, I had the pleasure of writing as a guest for the blog "Preview", that belongs to a journalist and social media enthusiast. The subject was "Word-of-web" and fortunately this will be much discussed in our course. Here is the link to my post: http://melissadeandrade.com/preview/2011/11/11/the-word-of-web/. I hope you like it!

No comments:

Post a Comment