Sunday, January 22, 2012

Chung Ki WA - From Word of Mouth to Into Mouth

The Pacific Northwest has a plethora of options when it comes to Asian food. As a recent transplant, I was having difficulty finding a place to replace my old favorites from back home. Yelp was some help, but even glowing reviews did not always match my tastes and preferences. Fortunately someone turned me onto Chung Ki WA in Lakewood.

Chung Ki Wa offers amazing food, service, and price in a great setting. Unfortunately, I may have never known about this place had someone not made the recommendation. Their web presence is minimal, with just a few comments on YELP, albeit great reviews. Chung Ki Wa could benefit by taking an active role in social media.

By making a simple promotional effort they would get additional business from people just like me who are looking for a tasty place to have lunch. Creating a fan page on Facebook would help keep the restaurant in the forefront of the public's mind. They could easily offer little incentives for fans to visit. Their visibility would increase as friends of friends hear about the restaurant, basically just following the simple formula Facebook has created. They could post incentives in their menu, "If you enjoyed your meal, please say so in Yelp, Urbanspoon... we'll reward your support with a free..." The possibilities are endless for this great company. I almost hope that they do not jump on the marketing bandwagon, so I can continue to enjoy the great service and food in relative uncrowded peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment