Monday, January 30, 2012

where’s your mustache?


I have always been a milk fan. Growing up my mother used to tell me, “drink your milk, you’ll grow big and strong.” So I did. I drank gallons of the stuff. But apparently I was one of the few. That was until the “got milk” campaign. I remember these advertisements well. And while they were marketed on all above the line channels, the television commercials really struck me as compelling and memorable.

I doubt many eleven year olds knew Aaron Burr prior to this commercial, but the story line, irony, and humor connects with any age.



My fandome of this campaign culminated in a tv production class in middle school where I portrayed a news anchor with a box of donuts, an empty carton of milk, and hysterical laughing.  

No comments:

Post a Comment