Monday, January 30, 2012

Bad advertising stays forever

I consider myself a very open minded person in regards to food. I tend to try just about everything at least once. I have tried all kinds of food from different cultures and countries, however I have never eaten in JAck in the Box restaurants.
When I came from Nicaragua 14 years ago, I saw one of the worse types of TV commercials I have ever seen; The Jack in the Box commercials. This was before the internet was popular, before web-based advertising, before Facebook ,tweeter and YouTube. Fast-forward 14 years later and you see the same tasteless messages regardless of the medium. 
 They changed their logo but they still are showing this clown head trying to be funny talking about every senseless topic but the food they are supposed to be selling. You see how poor their marketing campaign is as compared to McDonalds.  For example, when you go to Jack in the box Facebook page, they only have about .5 million” likes” compared to McDonald’s “14 million likes”
MacDonald’s Facebook page takes you right away to a compelling video with a great message about the quality of their products, compared to Jack in box simple picture of a clown.
Coming from California, my favorite Burger is In N Out Burgers.  Being a  small chain available only in a few states , their Facebook page has more than 2 million “likes”, 4 times more than our Jack that is a national “well known” brand.
I want to finish by saying that in these 14 years I have never visited a Jack in the Box because of their poor and unprofessional  marketing campaign.


No comments:

Post a Comment