Sunday, January 22, 2012

Social Media

When I first signed up for a MySpace account eight years ago it was just the thing to do. I'd spend mindless hours customizing my background, posting pictures, looking at everyone elses and documenting what my friends and I were doing for everyone to see. Advance forward a few years and this thing called facebook appeared. it was really confusing, but soon enough it was 'the thing to do' and myspace was a thing of the past. Though not a lot different in concept from MySpace, I've used facebook to reconnect with friends I probably never would have heard from or seen again. I love being able to keep up with friends living across the country and even across the world through their pictures and posts.

I haven't quite joined the twitter fan base though I do have an account and follow various comedians for a good laugh now and then. All in all the social media scene has been a great experience for me, but I'm not really sure what I used to fill all of these mindless hours with before this all came on the scene.

No comments:

Post a Comment