Monday, January 16, 2012

Social Media and Me


One of my final papers in college focused on social media as a form of communication between large corporations and consumers. At the time Facebook was still primarily a peer-to-peer network, and groups had a larger presence. My focus was on how companies could build relationships within this space. While I wouldn’t consider this breakthrough, it certainly was interesting at the time. My professor wanted me to continue this research but I was more interested in traveling. I went traveling.

I would consider myself an active Facebook user. I “check in” and have a number of other applications that are interconnected so friends can see what is happening in my life. It's a great medium to keep in touch with the people I have met throughout my life. Outside of this I use Twitter as a search option and Yelp as an opinionated yellow pages. LinkedIn is a relevant and useful tool for my professional life.

My current professional role focuses on building relationships between consumers and our brand in a person-to-person basis. I want to add value to these relationships through an online presence as well as gain attention for our events. While my role does not include this responsibility I believe it to be pivotal to our success, and an area I would like understand better.   

No comments:

Post a Comment