Monday, January 23, 2012

Frost Donuts Anyone? Make sure to ‘Like’ them to get all the scoop!

Anyone who has a sweet tooth or even if you don’t should at least try Frost Donuts! They are a local small business company owned by three local residents right here in our backyard in Mill Creek. They were established in October of 2009 and are very well-known especially for their famous Smoky Maple Bacon Bar which is by the way ‘to die for’! It’s definitely one of those things that you either hate it or you love it depending on your taste but as for me, I obviously LOVE it! From the first time I heard about them on the news which I believe was Evening Magazine, I remember thinking who will like that flavor? To me, it was odd to combine something salty to something that is supposed to be sweet. But then I started hearing great things about this place and the infamous flavor donut so I decided to give it a try myself. Little did I know that I was going to be hooked!
It actually wasn’t until my little sister told me about this local establishment about a year and a half ago before I realized that they are right here in my neighborhood and that I am closer than I think. Since then I have been going to this store for special occasions, birthdays, mother’s day, etc. and have never been disappointed. It’s really amazing to see how this store has such a huge clientele that they would oftentimes have to close early because they ran out of donuts! I’ve then gotten into a habit of checking if my favorite establishments have any Social Media sites that I can look into. In fact nowadays, that’s somehow easy to find out since logos or signs will be all over the place letting the community know of their presence online. If you visit their Facebook page, you will find that they have a huge following and that people are actually talking about it and are paying attention to what they have to say for the community. It really is a great way to see how a community can get together and reach out to one another.
One really good example on how effectively they are using their Facebook page was this past week when so many of us got stuck inside our homes because of the recent snow storm. Frost Donuts remained very active in letting the community know whether or not they were open which I’m sure meant a lot to some people because they cared to inform the public when they could have easily just not do anything and let their visitors find out themselves if they were closed or not. I myself at one point was craving for a piece but good thing I saw on their page that they were going to be closed that day. Just imagine how upsetting that would be only to find out they were close after having to go through the snow!
So in closing, I definitely think that they are using their Social Media platforms both Facebook and Twitter to their advantage as evidenced by their over 7,000 followers and growing whether they are all from Mill Creek or all over the state. The most important thing is that they are able to make their presence online. People are talking about them and another great thing for us to be proud of and call it our very own in Washington.
Kudos Frost Donuts!

No comments:

Post a Comment